Food for thought: http://www.climatecrisis.net/thescience/
Personally, I am not an activist or highly political about it, I'm just taking the science as the science, and trying to improve upon what I and my family do here and there. Here is what our family is trying to do to be greener:
- We have replaced our (non-hybrid) Higlander and my husband's Corolla with two Priuses.
- I am starting to collect/purchase reusable bags for local supermarkets.
- We make sure we reuse the plastic bags we get with purchases for other uses.
- We recycle.
- We're trying to remember to unplug, turn off, etc...when things aren't needed.
We still need to:
- Curb our family's water-bottle addiction.
- We are going to start replacing light bulbs...for some reason this is taking longer to do than I thought.
- When our renovation is done, we plan on only using "green" treatments on our lawn and in our yard.
- We are going to plant a vegetable garden, as soon as our plot allows.