Friday, July 18, 2008

O: Crazy Hat Day

Today was crazy hat day at O's camp. Per the calendar.

Now, most parents know that if you need to bring something to school, even if it's noted on a calendar they gave you a month before, the school realizes you're totally preoccupied with life and sends a reminder. I did not get a reminder yesterday. So I figured they were making hats at camp. (Admittedly, I am a first-time camp mom. Maybe my expectations are off.)

This morning, as always, I looked at the camp calendar to tell him if it's "wishing it was winter" day, or what he's having for lunch, etc. So I mentioned the crazy hat day to him and said, "you'll probably make a really cool hat today."

"NOOOOOOO! I have to bring a hat!"

Oh, for the love of God. Good thing I'm crafty. In the ten minutes before the bus came, I grabbed one of his summer hats and a handful of pipe cleaners. I quickly whipped up a "sun hat"...meaning a sun affixed to and hovering over the top of his head.

How'd I do? He said a lot of people thought it was silly. Indeed.

1 comment:

Kwana said...

Woo Hooo!!! Great Job. You are crafty and quick.