Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Long-Awaited Date Night

C and I went to NYC last night for a date night. Very overdue.

It was a pretty decadent date night, as a matter of fact, since we actually got to overnight in the city, using a gift certificate for the hotel. We stayed at the Four Seasons New York and had a wonderful room with a city view, 22nd floor. What amazes me is the massive closet they give you...a walk-in, complete with built-in drawers, places for shoes...and the bathroom. This is the size of our foyer in our house.

Let me take that back. it's bigger. And the bathtub fills in 60 seconds. Yes, I had to take a bath. I don't think I turned the water up all the way, but...it could do it. Very lovely.



C made 9pm reservations at Raoul's in SoHo. If you haven't been...go. We opted to wait 20 minutes when we got there to dine in the back garden area. You have to walk through the kitchen to get to the back room, then out, where they have three little tables outside. It was such a gorgeous night it wound up being the perfect choice.

This is a pretty accurate review from New York Magazine. You must, must get the Steak Au Poivre; unconditionally the best in the city, as far as I'm concerned.

We had a great, romantic night, full of conversation and catch-up and connecting.

Love you, C.

3 comments:

Kwana said...

Oh it sounds like a wonderful night and the bathroom look my breath away. It was about the size of my bedroom! Great post.

seleta said...

YEAH for date night!!! Ours may be in Vegas or NY in 2 weeks, can't decide. Thanks for those tips!

pve design said...

Ooh, la, la, Four Seasons is my kinda place and love Raouls! Sounds like a great date! Worth the long wait!