Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Oh, I just don't have time for this nonsense.

No, not blogging, silly.

I got some sort of virus--the less-than-24 hour variety--this morning. I'll leave the details as that I spent much too much time in the loo. Feeling better now.

Admittedly, I was slightly panicked because my C is away on business for a few days. Oh jeez, what if I drop J at the train (my nanny) at the end of the day and I'm sick? Like, really sick? O needs a lot of attention and G, well she's just a baby. And if they get sick I'll feel awful that I gave it to them.

Am I that inept, you wonder? What, of course I can handle my kids on my own. But I haven't had to do it sick yet. Thank goodness it was a quick one. Saved...thank you, fate.

I write this as I wait for G to wake up from her "last nap" for a night bottle, then I can go to bed.

Leaving you with a funny today that a good friend sent to me...hits the nail on the head. I didn't author it, as I do not have an official naturally-born "sister".

MY LIVING WILL

Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

She's such a bitch.
Hee hee. Have a good night everyone.

4 comments:

pve design said...

n-
now that's what neighbors and sisters are for, considering that you do not have a natural born sister, just give a shout out to a neighbor and I will come, pick you up with a spatula - put you in bed and sweep the 2 les enfants away so you can rest & remedy.
nothing, (repeat) nothing is worse than that of being sick and trying to be a parent.
all better now?
pve

N said...

All better now, pve. Even better to know it stinks universally and there are not super-parents out there that can tackle it better than I!

Thanks. I shall remember my sisters up the street in emergencies! (God knows K sees me all the time when I lock myself out of the house.)

xo

Kwana said...

You know I'm here for you anytime! Just yell real loud or send O running. Hugs.

N said...

Thanks K. I know...you've saved me before.

xo
N