Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's Not About Me: Santa & Dr. Kaplan

My freshman year college roommate has been recently married to a wonderful man that has been in her life for years now. I think I can speak for all of the college gals that we adore this guy. He is a great dad to her beautiful daughter (who my boy has a major running older-girl crush on) and I have to say he makes a pretty good lasagna, too.

It was a lovely surprise this morning to open the paper and see him smiling back at me.


Turns out the good doctor performed some life-saving surgery on Santa this year, and the big man came back in person to thank him and visit the kids at his hospital. You can read the whole lovely story in the NY Post.

Our friend doesn't seem like the type that would like a whole bunch of news about himself, but it was the sweetest article, and I just needed to share.

If that's not good inspiration for holiday spirit, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Kwana said...

Wonderful story N. Love the Christmas spirit.

N said...

I need to pass along the comment from my friend, who is the Dr's wife (she is also a doc):

Very sweet Nicole. Did you see the Polar Express? Well-Dr. Kaplan is now a true believer in Santa..just like me and Kelly. Re :)